COVID 19 Mis-Information is not only affecting the health information paradigm but also the Economy , Law & Order, Education and Human Lives
The COVID19 Mis-Information Reality as of Today :
- Bogus remedies, myths and fake news about COVID-19 can cost lives - nature.com - May 2020
- Analysts are tracking false rumours about COVID-19 in hopes of curbing their spread. - nature.com - June 2020
- Proliferation of dangerous disinformation and misinformation threaten national pandemic responses, putting even more lives and livelihoods at risk - United Nation Development Program - June 2020
A BBC team tracking coronavirus misinformation has found links to assaults, arsons and deaths. - bbc.com - May 2020
What are some of the Responding Strategies ?
- Facebook detects fake or exploitative posts and flags it with a warning label keeping off 95% of the users from clicking it. - Facebook - June 2020
- The Delhi government is hiring private firms for “real-time tracking and monitoring” of news coverage on TV, print and digital platforms, fact checking, and roping in agencies for live streaming press conferences and generating video content for publicity. - Indian Governement - June 2020
- WHO has joined forces with the Government of the United Kingdom to run an awareness campaign about the risks of incorrect and false information regarding the Coronavirus pandemic. - WHO - June 2020
- 5 ways the UN is fighting ‘infodemic’ of misinformation - UN - June 2020
- Producing and disseminating facts and accurate information
- Partnering with businesses
- Working with media and journalists
- Mobilizing civil society
- Speaking out for rights
Why are we still lagging in the battle against of Mis-Information of COVID19 and what can be done?
- There is a need of a Consortium of WHO + Country Information Board + Media Agents + Social Platforms
- There is a need of "Power Profiles" whom People follow on Twitter , Facebook, Instagram to be the Champion Information Relay Messengers - like a social Badge of Honour. They are followed . People would tend to listen
- Enhance AI capabilities in all social Platforms by creating a Rule -Every Forward needs to flagged as Safe
Jul 16, 2020
Natural Language Processing to the Rescue #1
One of the major problem that we all are facing is the handling the news. Where to begin. Are there any News Dataset that might help ? How to use it for research and create a solution that can give out specific news to COVID ?
Sharing a dataset by AYLIEN Coronavirus News Dataset | Analyse 550,000 structured coronavirus-related news articles for free.
The dataset can be used to create the base corpus and further be used with techniques like DuoBERT for analysis and ranking .
Guidance : Multi-Stage Document Ranking with BERT
#COME TOGETHER .BUILD TOGETHER
Jul 20, 2020
Social Responses to the Rescue #2
INTRODUCING COVID DIARIES - A CONCEPT
What would make us realize the truth about Covid19, the pain , the precaution and the recovery other than the recovered people.
The biggest fear lurking in anyone - What if i get COVID ? How do i really save myself ? What should i believe ?
A simple App like Video sharing / Audio Podcast with anonymity will create a campaign that tells the stories about the COVID19 recoveries. Recovered people from different Geographies, dialect, financial background, age, race , social background come together as one Entities - COVID Diaries Spokesperson.
Each such podcast / webcast will be interviewed and broadcasted for the better of knowledge to be imparted to the common mass.
Precaution about Identity
If the person wants to be identified and share the story , they would be welcome to.
If the person wouldn't prefer
Mis-Information sometimes can be handled b y the people who held the information by living it. every minute of their lives.
BUILD A SYSTEM ! BUILD A MOTIVE ! BUILD A STORY
Jul 21, 2020
Infodemiology to the Rescue #3
In a recent webinar by WHO - there is so much to learn. The learnings from Outcomes of the first WHO global infodemiology conference Link as given here - Outcomes of the first WHO global infodemiology conference
Excerpt from the webinar
Evidence based tools, Methods and Interventions for infodemic management.
- Elisabeth Wilhelm
Want to learn more about Infodemiology ? Register here : Infodemic Management
BUILD A RESILIENT SYSTEM. RESUSE THE INFODEMIOLOGY FRAMEWORK CREATED .